There is great power in harnessing the rhythmicity of the moon to manifest. Whether you want to improve your health, your career, or your relationships, the moon phases are a roadmap to manifestation and can help you to set your intentions, and release what is no longer serving you.
One of the best ways to connect with the moon and start leveraging its energy is with a moon ritual.
What Are Moon Rituals?
Moon rituals are an ancient and sacred practice which originated in Egypt, India, and China where moon worship was a part of the culture to influence the growth and decline of plants and human life.
Today, moon rituals carry just as much purpose - creating a sacred space for you to focus inward, set intentions, spread love, and feel empowered. They are a rich source of self-care because you take the time to ask yourself what your needs are, your goals, and how you want to spend your life. They have the power to create positive change and bring your dream life to fruition.
Powerful Moon Phases
There are eight phases of the moon, but the ones commonly used for moon rituals revolve around the Full Moon and the New Moon.
Full Moon - A time to reflect, release and let go of all the things that no longer serve you to create space for the new. During the Full Moon, the mood is fully feminine and is associated with nourishment and intuition. It is a magical time for creativity and personal insight.
New Moon - A time for manifesting, intention setting, and new beginnings. The sun and moon come into alignment during the New Moon, joining the sun and moon's masculine and feminine energy. This time is associated with positive change.
How To Harness The Energy Of The Moon To Manifest
Manifesting with the moon is a spiritual practice which allows you to connect with yourself on a deeper level.
Setting intentions and manifesting anytime you need is a great way to find personal empowerment and align your life with your true desires, however working with the moon cycles enables the added benefit of gaining clarity on what you want and charting your process against the cycles. The new moon is associated with beginnings, starting projects, and defining what you want to attract, so this is a good day to set intentions. The full moon, on the other hand, celebrates what you’ve manifested and completed—a time for reflection.
There are a number of rituals you can enforce to harness the power of the moon and bring more of what you want into your life.
New Moon Rituals:
- Create a sacred space - create an ambience that makes you feel calm, centred, and grounded. Light candles, dim the lights, diffuse essential oils, surround yourself with your favourite crystals, or bathe under the moonlight. Each New Moon will mean something different to you, so the space you create may change or evolve over time.
- Set your intentions - Write a list of what you want to bring into your life. Focus on one intention at a time and visualise all elements of what you truly want to manifest and bring towards you. Declare them out loud - speaking them aloud plays a crucial role in bringing them to life. You may notice that they evoke even more emotion when spoken, and that feeling is essential to manifestation.
- Meditate - Visualise your desires coming to fruition and honour your emotional states in a 15-minute meditation. Find a quiet space where you can sit or lie down and start focusing on your breath, and pay attention to the rising and falling of your abdomen as you inhale and exhale. Visualise all the finer details of the moon and its radiance, and feel its calming energy wash over your body and release any tension.
Full Moon Rituals:
- Self-Reflect - The time leading up to a Full Moon can often make people moody, sensitive, and fatigued. It is helpful to use this time to pause and ask yourself how you are feeling physically and mentally? How are your relationships and career? Being in tune with your feelings will help you stay grounded and help you efficiently make positive changes. Write down how you are feeling, express what is weighing you down, and what limiting beliefs you need to let go.
- Cleanse your space - Burn sage and get rid of any lingering negative energy around your home or environment.
- Charge your crystals - Grab your favourite crystals and place them under the light of the Full Moon 9inside or out) and let them clear and gain charge from the moonlight.
- Take a moon bath - Whether you bathe in the ocean, or in the bathtub, soaking under the moonlight is a great way to cleanse yourself of stagnant energy and repeat your New Moon intentions so that you can bring them further into your life.
- Dance it out - dance to your favourite music to move any stagnant energy out of your body and bring more lightness and joy inside.
- Release with a burn letter: Writing a burn letter, either to yourself or someone else, is an energy healing ritual that can help you to release any emotions that may be holding you back, and help you to heal old wounds, pain or trauma that are no longer welcome in your mind, body and soul. Find out more on how to write a burn letter here.
Being aware of the New Moon and Full Moon cycles have an abundance of benefits. It serves as an opportunity to take some time out for yourself, and align your life with what you truly want. To harness the beautiful power of the full moon, moon rituals and ceremonies can be used as a powerful tool to self-reflect and create necessary change in your life.
Harness the energy of the moon, set your intentions, and release what is no longer serving you with our brand new Moon Rituals Notepad. This 60-leaf notepad is complete with moon phases, New Moon and Full Moon rituals, and space for your Full Moon Burn Letter, where you can write down everything that isn't positively serving you and rid it from your life by tearing off and burning it. Grab yours here >