2023 is finally upon us, which means many of us are setting resolutions, goals and intentions for the year ahead.
The truth is that unless our goals are meaningful, personal, and manageable, we’ll quickly abandon them. If you’re looking to get focused before setting goals this new year, journal prompts might help. Journaling helps clear out the mental clutter and bring clarity, so you can focus on what is really important.
I’ve created a list of intentional journal prompts for the new year to help you reflect and identify what wasn’t working for you last year, and get clarity so you can determine what you want to manifest and accomplish in 2023. With these prompts, you’ll figure out what your goals and priorities should be in the new year so that you can direct your focus in the most productive ways.
- What area of your life do you feel needs the most focus?
- What physical and mental health goals do you have for yourself? Why?
- What were your top three memories in 2022?
- What did you learn about yourself in 2022?
- What good daily habits do you want to pick up this year?
- Make a list of your top 5 goals for the year. Then, list 5 small habits that will help you achieve each one.
- What is something new you want to experience in 2023?
- Where do you want to be in 1 month? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?
- Write out your ideal day in the life for one year from now in detail.
- How can you put yourself first?
- Who or what inspires you to be better and why?
- What are your values and what do you stand for without compromise?
- Ten things that make you happy are…
- Your empowering mantra for the next year will be…
- How can you best serve your community?
- What kind of person do you want to be?
- What strategy can you implement to be productive everyday?
- How do you define success?
- How will you practice self care in stressful moments?
- One small thing you'll do everyday to become youse best self is…
I hope you found these journal prompts for the new year helpful and that they brought you insight about yourself and the kind of year you want to have in 2023.
Leave a comment below telling me your #1 goal for 2023! I’d love to hear all about your plans and motivation for the coming year.